Basis of Establishment
Indonesia Port Business Association (ABUPI) is a forum that become a hub for Indonesia Entrepreneur as well as the parent organization of national companies who engaged in port services industry namely Badan Usaha Pelabuhan (BUP), Terminal Khusus (Tersus) and Terminal Untuk Kepentingan Sendiri (TUKS).
The basis for the establishment of ABUPI is to support the port reform program as mandated in Constitution Law No. 17 of 2008 concerning Shipping and Government Regulation No. 61 of 2009 concerning Ports.
ABUPI was established according to the deed of establishment No. 010, 16th February 2015 under Notary Elly Rustam, SH and has been approved by the Ministry of Justice and Human Rights of the Republic of Indonesia No. AHU-001650.AH.01.Year 2015.
As a business entity that puts forward the coorperation between the Port Business Entitiy (BUP), the Terminal For Self Interest (TUKS) and the Special Terminal (TerSus) in supporting the development of the Maritime Sector in Indonesia.
- Collectiong, fostering and developing the efforts of its members to participate more in improving the national economy
- To protect the interest of members and prevent the emergence of unfair business competitionn in the business of Port Services
- Protecting the interest of Port Services activities by upholding the ethics and professionalism of members in anticipating developments occurring both Nationally and Internationally;and
- Improve the ability and knowledge of Human Resources of the members in the field of Port Services in line with technological advances in various fields.
The Main Task
- Spread the function and role of Port Service as economic means in realising port management system, services standard, maintaining security, safety and order of port facility in the widest sense;
- Assisting the members to develop and improve their business efficiency by improving the management, organization and administration in order to modernise the Port Services business in an integrated way;and
- Carry out inventory, identification, classification, qualification, accreditation, certification and recommendation to Port Service company in accordance with criteria specified by ABUPI.